Revit MEP

Contributor
eBoesenberg
Message 1 of 4 (280 Views)

Pipe thru wall is not hidden

280 Views, 3 Replies
02-13-2013 08:43 AM

Why are pipes that pass through walls not showing as hidden, similar to a pipe below another pipe?  What's the best way to accomplish this?

PIPE THRU WALL.PNG

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: Pipe thru wall is not hidden

02-14-2013 07:51 AM in reply to: eBoesenberg

I don't *think* that it's possible to force the hidden lines onto Duct or Pipe elements passing through walls or other architectural elements. Are your intentions to show the piping like this on a project-wide scale, or just for a few details or enlarged plans?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
eBoesenberg
Message 3 of 4 (265 Views)

02-14-2013 08:11 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I would prefer it to be project wide.  Set it and forget it.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 4 (259 Views)

02-14-2013 08:28 AM in reply to: eBoesenberg

I believe that you're out of luck here. Is it your company's standard to show the hidden lines regarding walls? I've only ever heard of anyone doing that once before, so I'm under the impression that this is uncommon enough so that the Revit design team either decided it wasn't worth the investment to cater to this need, or that they are unaware that anyone even shows MEP elements as being "hidden" behind walls and other architectural elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.