Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe thru wall is not hidden

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eBoesenberg
1229 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe thru wall is not hidden

Why are pipes that pass through walls not showing as hidden, similar to a pipe below another pipe?  What's the best way to accomplish this?

PIPE THRU WALL.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: eBoesenberg

I don't *think* that it's possible to force the hidden lines onto Duct or Pipe elements passing through walls or other architectural elements. Are your intentions to show the piping like this on a project-wide scale, or just for a few details or enlarged plans?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
eBoesenberg
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I would prefer it to be project wide.  Set it and forget it.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: eBoesenberg

I believe that you're out of luck here. Is it your company's standard to show the hidden lines regarding walls? I've only ever heard of anyone doing that once before, so I'm under the impression that this is uncommon enough so that the Revit design team either decided it wasn't worth the investment to cater to this need, or that they are unaware that anyone even shows MEP elements as being "hidden" behind walls and other architectural elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
mcarroll
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Has this issue been resolved?  We tend to show the pipes as hidden when passing through walls.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report