Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Tee Insulation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RickGraham
2106 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Tee Insulation

Has anyone seen anything like this behavior? 4" pipes with Generic Standard tee. Add insulation - weirdness. This is Revit MEP 2014.

Rick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RickGraham
in reply to: RickGraham

If I switch the generic tee to something else, it is fine so I think it is in the OOTB Generic pipe tee family.

Oh, Autodesk??

Rick

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RickGraham

This seem to be the result of an inability to create the proper geometry for the insulation. This occurs if the insulation thicker than the shoulder of the Tee, in which case it generates the generic "box" representation. See image below. The only solution I can suggest to use modify this Tee or use another with a larger "shoulder" length.

PipeFittingInsulationLimit.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
RickGraham
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Corey. Makes sense to me.

Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report