Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe tags (duct etc...) fly off sheet

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
lfazio
485 Views, 11 Replies

Pipe tags (duct etc...) fly off sheet

Can anything be done to keep tags from flying off the page? This happens, in certain instances, when pipe modifications are made such as a new pipe being tee'd into an existing drawn/tagged pipe.

An picture is attached with a typical result
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: lfazio

This was addressed in 2010, but if you are still having issues in 2010, please log a support request.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
lfazio

Thanks !
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Did you try pinning the tags?
Message 5 of 12
lfazio

Yes, they still move
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

From experience, don't pin tags. They still move on their own but you can't move them until you unpin them.
Message 7 of 12
asommer

I have been deleting the tag before I modify the duct/pipe and inserting a new tag when finished (2009). It's crappy, but it's better than trying to search the whole view for the old one.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

You have it set to tag the duct/pipe as you lay it out? Why not uncheck "Tag on Placement" so you wont have to be deleted the tags? Once your done laying the ductwork/piping, then go back and tag them.
Message 9 of 12
bryanschmidt3056

This issue is one that makes this software look amateurish at best. I have issued jobs with the wrong tags on pipes. Then have to explain to everyone why it is that way. Then the contractor has their hand out for money to reprice it (understandably so). Then I have to explain my my client and the owner why it happened. This issue has flat out made me look like an imbecile, with no defense except, "that just happens in Revit". Nobody else cares, they just want a correct design.

UNACCEPTABLE in every way.

The tags simply disappear, so you never have a clue as to where it went, and many times you don't even realize it went flying off. Sorry, but Geez, This is utterly ridiculous. I ASSUMBED it'd be fixed in 2008. It wasn't. Then I REALLY assumed it'd be fixed in 2009. NOPE! I hope this is a TOP priority for autodesk, or better yet, hopefully it has FINALLY been fixed in 2010.

And C'mon cadmonkey... I hope that was a joke. I certainly hope NOBODY at Autodesk thinks that the proper way to layout piping. Do you all work with the same type of clients as me? Our drawings are constantly be revised until the building is half built. There is no time to dedicate one full 40 hour work week to do nothing but add pipe labels in at the end. And that is probably what it would take to do it on this 350,000 sq. ft. hospital.

Please... I am begging you Autodesk. Please find a way to fix this.
Message 10 of 12
Martin__Schmid

The developer comments indicate this problem has been fixed in 2010. As mentioned earlier in this thread, if anyone has evidence that this is NOT fixed in 2010, please log a support request so we can collect the necesasry data to investigate further.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
lfazio

It is not working. How do you log a support request?
Message 12 of 12
nwinegar88
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

Hello,

I am reopening an old post, because this is the most recent discussion that I can find on this subject.  I am using Revit MEP 2014 and the issue of duct tags jumping around is STILL not resolved.  This is unacceptable for prepration of construction documents, where teh contractor will point there finger at the engineer if something was incorrectly sized.

Does Autodesk have a solution yet for this issue, which has been ongoing for at least 6 years???  I apologize for my frustrated tone, but we do not have time for this type of random, unpredictable error correction in what is supposed to be the premier design software for our industry.

PLEASE let me know if there is a fix for this issue.

Respectfully,

Neil Winegar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report