Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe System Pipe

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
berniebooc
628 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe System Pipe

How to change the system type of the pipe from other to hydronic supply?  I cannot do the pipe sizing since the system type of the pipe I am working now is other. I want to change it to hydronic supply but don't know how. Please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ajax05k
in reply to: berniebooc

Select all the pipes by pressing tab till whole pipeing system is selected, of which you want to change the system, then goto filter check only the pipes, goto properties pallet there change the system type, automatically the system of the pipe fittings also change.

Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 3 of 8
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: ajax05k

Exactly az Ajax said..but if I were you I wouldn't use Revit to do my pipe sizing calculations 😉

Message 4 of 8
ajax05k
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

S i agree with Mehdi.Kardehi, infact i would not use any of the designing tools in revit, be-it the Heat load calc, duct sizing, pipe sizing.
Message 5 of 8
berniebooc

Thanks for your suggestion. Please advise what software is the best of pipe sizing. Right now I have a hard time in sizing my bulk gas piping.
Message 6 of 8
berniebooc
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

Thank you for your suggestion. Please advise what is the best software to use in pipe sizing. Right now I have a hard time in sizing my bulk gas piping.
Message 7 of 8
ajax05k
in reply to: berniebooc

I am not a pipe designer, i dont know any software for pipe sizing.
Message 8 of 8
jostorres

You can use PipeFlow Expert, you can calculate pressure drop, velocity, flow and others parameters. Make a complete analysis of the pipe system

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report