Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe System Flow Calc

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dennis
1136 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe System Flow Calc

I am getting FLOW for every pipe system, except Sanitary.  Is that something that isn't usually figured, or am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asommer
in reply to: dennis

There is something with that, I think it can size based on the connected loads, but not show flow in the System Browser.  I'm not exactly sure, but I know there is something with the Sanitary that doesn't work, so you are not the only one.  Maybe it is expected that there is NO equipment on the downstream end, although you may have a sewage pump sometimes.

On the same note, I had tried to "Finish" a Domestic Water System with a "Meter" to get the building Demand as calculated in the System Browser, and I could not get it to work.

Message 3 of 6
dennis
in reply to: asommer

I too found myself trying to close out a Cold Water System, and what I found was a family in the library: Mechanical Equipment / Pipe Connector - Domestic Cold Water - Plumbbing Equipment.  Load it, edit Family, set the connector to be "Calculated" and "Loss Method" as "Specified".  Hook it into a well connected cold system and it closed up the system giving me the overall flow value.  There is a similar family for the sanitary that i will check next.

Message 4 of 6
asommer

Does that show up correctly in your "System Browser"?  I want to make a "Water Meter" out of this if it works.

Message 5 of 6
dennis
in reply to: asommer

I also found some PipeAssessories:Water Meter based on HERSEY METER at Revit City.  I had to tweek the connectors slightly, mainly matched up how the PipeConnector family previously mentioned was setup.  It closes up the Cold Water System to where there are no more 'warning triangles' when I use the "Check Pipe System'.  And yes, the System Browser appears correct to me.

Message 6 of 6
asommer

Cool.  I will definitely look this up.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report