Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe size missing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nh0mad
4139 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe size missing

I am in need of creating a 5/8" dia. pipe (for refrigerant piping), however it is not in my list. It jumps from 1/2" to 3/4"...no 5/8".

I have gone to Manage > MEP Settings > Pipe Settings > Sizes and created a New Size (5/8")...it shows there in the Settings but still not in my drop down.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nh0mad
in reply to: nh0mad

Found my own answer. Revit, being as matter-of-fact as it is...I was missing changing the Copper pipe from "Brazing" to "Soldered".

Always something simple in the haystack!

Message 3 of 6
gameli9797

I have the exact same problem, however even I choose the correct new type called Storm drain, still does not let me use the new size.

does anyone knows the answer?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
dennis

My quick stab at this:

1) Check your MEP settings, Mechanical, then the Pipe sizes list.  Add 5/8 if not already listed.

2) Check Project Units, set to the fraction 1/8 or smaller (maybe it needs to be evenly divisible into 1/8: 1/16, 1/32, etc)

Message 5 of 6
BramJ

The basic issue is that you go from editing Type Properties to the Routing Preferences to the Mechanical Settings and you're no longer editing the correct type because the Segment: list isn't automatically linked to the type you where previously editing and this is confusing and bad user interface design for that matter. 

Message 6 of 6
brock.johnston

In order to select a 5/8" pipe size in your drop-down menu, you need to choose 5/8" for a minimum pipe size in your routing preferences.

brockjohnston_0-1657208206030.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report