Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Settings dialog vs Pipe Systems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MikeMaloney
499 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Settings dialog vs Pipe Systems

Is this correct, or am I missing something...........My Mech Piping Team's have created new Piping Systems based on the Default Pipe Systems, and they are not showing up in the Mech Settings for Pipe Dialogue box............they would really like to create Pipe systems based on certain Pipe Types/Size ranges, i.e., 1/2" to 2-1/2" sizes for a system would use one type of pipe, and everything over 2-1/2" would us another...........we want to setup the System in the Setting box, but the new customs ones are getting picked up.  Have we expected to much?

Mike

Mike Maloney
BIM Design Automation Coordinator
CH2M Hill
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

2012 or 2013 - from your screen shot I'm guessing 2013.

The section you are in is for setting default offsets for main runs and branches when using the auto-route tool.

If I understand your task correctly, I think you are trying to do as per the attachment (the example is just for illustration and is UK based)

The piping settings are for the default systems and pipe family materials/sizes

The pipe systems are for setting the calculation parameters and graphical over-rides.

The pipe families allow you to set the pipe materials created in the mechanical setttings with relevant fittings (with the 2013 addition of allowing you to have multiple sizes/fittings/materials in a piping installation as in real life).

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Firstly Julian, you are correct...2013.

Secondly, This is precisely one of two things we wnat to do regarding 'defaults' for the various systems they created......"stock' Hydronic Supply is at 9'0" (US) Elev default, whereas a Chilled Water Supply-Copper, BASED on a stock Hydronic to be created, may be 12'0".....AND for copper sizes UP TO 2" only, then Chilled Water Supply-CSBW50 (CarbonStell-Butt Weld, Sched 50) for 2-1/2" and up at 12'0"......but as you cani the settings pulldown, we only see the "Stock" systems, not our new additional ones also.  And this would set up the same for the other NON-STOCK Systems.

Does that make sense?

Mike

Mike Maloney
BIM Design Automation Coordinator
CH2M Hill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report