Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Length Schedule

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tjbeecher
1167 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Length Schedule

I am trying to combine two schedules together or have one schedule read from another schedule.  I have 1/2 and 1/4 inch steel tubing that we have to model and I want to be able to give my field guys a schedule showing the total length of tubing.  However I can't give them an accurate length of the tubing because of the pipe fittings that need to be added in for the bends.  Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tjbeecher

No, you cannot combine the values from two different Schedule, and if you try to use a Multi-Category Schedule, then the Length parameter becomes inaccessible.

Is the pipe actually physically being bent in lieu of using a fitting? If so, the only System Families that are capable of this function (totaling pipe and bend lengths together) is Conduit. So, in the extremely unlikely scenario that you are just modeling the Piping for the lengths (i.e. no use of Systems, calcs, connection to other elements), you can model it as conduit and use a Conduit Run schedule.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
tjbeecher
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It is actually being bent.  So there will be no fittings for the 20' segment length.  I am running formulas to calculate the flow through the piping to each piece of equipment.

I thought about the conduit solution but they want the formulas for the volume.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report