Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe fittings in section view

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
lotta.johannesson
4609 Views, 11 Replies

Pipe fittings in section view

Hi!

I have a problem with my pipe section. I can't see which way a pipe fitting is turning in my sheet, towards or away from me. 

In a plan view you have rise and drop symbols, do we have any similar to section views? 

The problem comes when I plot it out on a A3. I can't change the scale so that is not an option.

I have attached a jpg for you to see what I mean. In the picture you see it quite easily, but now it is zoomed in. Lean back and squint with your eyes. Now it is not so easy any more.

I've tried some things; I sketched some symbolic lines. I've attached an image (I knew that wouldn't work - but hey, you've got to try!)

Is the only solution to use text in the sheet?

Any suggenstions and I would be happy! 

Thx, Lotta J

Fell in love with Revit in 2008.

Don't forget: Kudos and Solutions!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jrobker
in reply to: lotta.johannesson

Revit uses the same symbology for sections as are for floor plans.

The two line symbology might be your answer.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your reply, but it still dosen't work for me. Can you take a screenshot of your mechanical settings? I would be really greatful.

I've been in contact with Auodesk and they say that it is not possible to do what you have just done. :0/

Message 4 of 12
Jrobker

If you have a plan view showing a section and than the section on a sheet than there shouldn't be any issues. They should be able to figure it out the intent.

I digress...

See attachment.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 12
asommer

For those settings and the pipe "Ying Yang" to show up, the pipe must extend outside of the view.  if you cut a section looking at the end of a pipe, this will not show.  The line of the section cut must "cut" the pipe/duct.

Message 6 of 12
Jrobker
in reply to: asommer

Why don't you just rotate your section 90 degrees?

Message 7 of 12

Yeah, if I could - that would be great :0)

The sheet is going out to my clients factory and my client have a strict order of how the sheet is supposed to look.

So unfortunately, rotate is not an option. I think they will have to text for now.

Message 8 of 12
asommer

Do you have pipes attached to the elbows?  It doesn't look like you do.

Message 9 of 12
lotta.johannesson
in reply to: asommer

I didn't have at first, but now I have. I've also edited the mechanical settings and for some reason I now see the rise/drop symbol in section view.

Unfortunately it is still not easy to see which way the pipe goes. I've put an endcap on the pipes.

Look at the attached files. The one in the middle is a conduit, the other two are pipes.

Message 10 of 12
asommer

Under the Mechanical Settings, the "Rise Symbol" should be set to "Yin Yang - Filled, and the "Drop Symbol" should be set to "Yin Yang", not filled.  you have them set the same.  Again, the pipe must extend past the extents of the section for these to show correctly.

Message 11 of 12
Jrobker

It would also help if you printed hidden line.

Message 12 of 12

OMG! If I read correctly, it turns out coorectly. :0)

It was the section that messed up everything. 

Thx a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report