Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fitting which does not inherit the System Type

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
IMCornish
1008 Views, 8 Replies

Pipe Fitting which does not inherit the System Type

Some time ago I downloaded a WC Connector Elbow from a UK Company called Marley.  I attach it herewith and ask why it will not inherit the system type into which it is placed and cannot therefore be scheduled with the other fittings for that system.  I have looked at it fairly closely but cannot find any differences from other fittings which will inherit the pipe system type.

I should be very pleased if anyone can unravel this mystery for me.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: IMCornish

Andrew,

It appears to me that it is working, see screenshot.

Pipe Fitting

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
IMCornish
in reply to: L.Maas

This is interesting but I note that you have connected pipes to both ends.  Since it is a WC Connector all mine are attached at the flared end to WCs and won't work, I wonder if it is the WC or its connector which can influence the adoption?  See image below. Included is the schedule and the adaptor, numbered FF 01, should be included in the 'Above Ground Foul Drainage' section.

Pipe Fitting.png

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 9
L.Maas

Andrew,

Is the connector propely connected to the system?

In attached screenshot I have tried different things:

-Pipe connected from small side.

-Pipe connected from large side

-Pipe connected to connector, second connector connected to connector.

All seems to work.

Connectors

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
IMCornish

It is very good of you to try to help me and I wonder if you would be so kind as to connect a WC to the flared end and a pipe to the other and see what happens please?  Try as I might I can't get it to work and whilst you ask the question; 'are they properly connected to the system', I have a complete house with three different systems and these WC connectors are the only things that I cannot get to work.  Is there a criterion for what is or isn't a 'proper connection'?  Maybe one connector being matched, in all three dimensions, to another perhaps?

Thanks again.  

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 6 of 9
L.Maas

Tried what you requested.

Placed a WC attached the connector, then attached a pipe. Made a graphics override on the sanitary system to show that it propagates.

This time I was struggling a little myself because made a mistake when connecting the connector. Heights of the connector from the WC was at a different height than the height from the connector.

Also attached the project file.

Pipe Connection.png

Louis

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
IMCornish

Thanks for your efforts but try as I might I cannot get it to work.  I noticed that the connector on your WC was classified as 'Sanitary' whilst mine was 'Fitting' but when I changed that it still didn't work.  Perhaps you would like to have a go at my project?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 8 of 9
L.Maas

Andrew,

No problem, upload somewhere the relevant data and I see what i can do.

Louis

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
IMCornish

Following receipt of your edited version of my file I have managed to get all to work thank you. It is obvious that the connecting 'connectors' need to be the same diameter in order to work.  My excuse is that the 'WC' connector fitting has two rubber flanged ends, one female to the WC and one male to the pipe and therefore had very misguiding sizes which needed changing to suit.

Thanks again for your efforts,much appreciated.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report