Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fitting Symbol Problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
bhanna4168
3506 Views, 9 Replies

Pipe Fitting Symbol Problem

I am having problems with my pipe fittings, and the same for pipe accessories. Looks at the attachemnts. The elbow of the green pipe is in question.

Basicilly the elbow show graphically different at different elevations.  Below the cut plane pipe looks good, above, not so good.

Thanks in advance.     

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bhanna4168

Make sure that parts of the fitting are not crossing the limits of the View Range. Even if part of it is still within the bounds, it might not be visible.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
bhanna4168
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I dont think that is the issue.  I also realised that I am having the same issue with the duct fittings. 

Above the cut plane pipe and duct fitting are showing up light.

Message 4 of 10
Chris.Aquino

As you are a Subscription Member, I would suggest opening a Support Case and uploading the file you have. You can do that through the Subscription Center.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 10
asommer

I had a problem like this for a duct elbow... It was a "Cut Plane" issue.  Once I raised the cut plane above everything, It looked fine.  Not sure about the Pipe fitting, but it's worth a try.

Message 6 of 10
bhanna4168

Yes, I agree that it is a cut plane issue.  But If I raise the cut plane to be above the pipes, or the ductwork then the cut is above the doors and the plans to not look as good.

I have also found that if I duplicate the view all of the fitting/elbows apear correct in the new view.

Message 7 of 10
mmcglone

I had this same problem, did you ever find a solution?

Message 8 of 10
rmiller1973

@bhanna4168 wrote:

Yes, I agree that it is a cut plane issue.  But If I raise the cut plane to be above the pipes, or the ductwork then the cut is above the doors and the plans to not look as good.

I have also found that if I duplicate the view all of the fitting/elbows apear correct in the new view.

Correct me if I wrong, the view range has four possible elements involved and they don't interact with all objects the same way.

View Range.jpg

The cut plane should really only affect certain Architectural, Structural and Common objects (ie, Mass and Generic) types. So in most cases the default 48 inch cut plane should work without any issues.

Based on what you are seeing it looks like it is being caused by the settings applied to the Top and Bottom settings of your Primary range. I would say the ideal setting would be from floor to floor - which would allow you to see all MEP objects that fall in that range (ignore my Top range I should have snapped the line to the top of the floor not bottom). I'm sure there might be situations where you might adjust them to be different but I would expect that to be the exeption and not the rule.

Although, I would consider the resizing of connections to be a bug because I don't know any situation where you would want that to happen.

Message 9 of 10
mmcglone
in reply to: rmiller1973

Ok I want to bring this topic back to life because I am still having the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

See the attachment for an example.  The duct and fitting are at 9' above level 2  If I move them below the cut plane the fitting displays correctly.  Otherwise it is lighter than the rest.  I checked my visibility graphics to make sure that the duct fittings are not set to halftone or something of the like.  Any info would be nice.

Message 10 of 10
bnearl

Hey, my supervisor has the solution. Make sure underlay is turned off for the view, if the fitting sees itself it will change the visibility.

Simply Parametric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report