Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe fitting junction that accepts opposite pipe falls.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Bim247
1739 Views, 8 Replies

Pipe fitting junction that accepts opposite pipe falls.

Hi there,

Is it possible to create a pipe fitting junction that accepts opposite pipe falls. Refer to screen shot

Thanking you in advance

Rob

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Bim247

Aren't you then just in need of a union?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
Bim247
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Can't seem to find the ideal pipe union in Revit MEP 2012.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Rob

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

If it is a specific fitting, your best start may be to check with the manufacturer or do an online search. If you cannot find anything or it is just a general fitting, you will have to modify an existing one and create your own.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
Bim247
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Could you recommend an manufacturer that provides pvc pipe revit families?

Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

I am more on the electrical side of things, so off-hand I do not know of any. Maybe someone here in this forum knows of one?

Message 7 of 9
asommer

Looks like you need a "Tee-Double Sanitary".  The Revit OOTB families have this, however you might need to place it manually.

Message 8 of 9
Bim247
in reply to: asommer

Thanks,

But I got the same error when I tried to draw a sloped pipe off both of the side connections. Is it possible to remove the sloping constraint?

This the Warining: The slope that you specified could not be applied to this pipe. Please check the items that it is connected to and make sure that they aren't constraining the slope of them.

Refer to enclosed pipe connection

Message 9 of 9
asommer

I had set this before... somewhere (i think it is in the family under "Family Categories").  It should be a check box for "Allow for Slope Adjustments".  these things can be ridiculously tricky, there is a specific order of placement, I go from downstream to upstream.  I usually elbow the branch off first, then hit the + on the elbow to go straight.

I have issues with these "double tees" though.  I find I have to place them manually.  Place the fitting on the downstream main first, it should adjust itself for that slope.  Then, draw pipe off both sides, making sure you are sloping UP from the fitting.

Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report