Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fitting behaving Strangely

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sivate.hussain
1242 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe Fitting behaving Strangely

Hi,

If I am trying to insert a pipe fitting into my system those fittingsa rae behaving strangely and adopting an unconvincing size which is much bigger than the specified diameter of the fitting/pipe. Does ahnyone facing the same issue? I will appreciate if someone will share any workaround for this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sivate Hussain

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
drwp
in reply to: sivate.hussain

Is the pipe fitting actually too large for the pipe or is it just a display issue? If it's just a display issue (ie, you select the fitting and it says it's the same diameter as the pipe, it just looks huge in single-line display mode), then you need to turn off Annotation Scaling in your plumbing settings. This should make your fittings appear at a more manageable size.
If the fitting is literally too big upon insertion, and the program is adding transitions on either side to make it work, then the only thing I can suggest is making sure that the fitting you're inserting is set to the same diameter as the pipe you're inserting it into.
Message 3 of 8
embolisim

The fitting families refer to a look up table for the fitting dimensions.
You need to confirm that the look up table exists, & is correctly pathed in the revit.ini file.
If revit cant find the look up table the fittings all display at the same size, regardless of the size of the pipe.
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your your resopnse!

I already checked the Revit.ini File for the location of the Lookup Table but it is the defined correctly where all the lookup tables are located.

I also check with Use Annotation scaling but is not making any difference.

I understand that the problem is only with the lookup tables beacuse it is just happening on one Workstation and the same file working fine on the other workstations.

Please guide. Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
embolisim

Is the lookup table located on the network? or on the workstation?
If it is on the workstation, mabey it is different from the other machines.
Also try comparing the ini files from different machines.

You probably did both of those already, but thats all I have to add.

Correcting the ini file fixed the same problem here.
Message 6 of 8
lfazio

Thanks! This fixed our problems!
Message 7 of 8
malagon03

In a sanitary sloped system, I am connecting branches to the main using TEEs at 88 and 45 degrees. If I use annotation scale (say 5 mm) my fittings would look extremely larger on the 45 deg compared to the 88 deg. Is there any way to modify the annotation scale for a specific pipe size and angle independently?? Why would revit change so drastically the sizes displayed on my printing view, only by changing the angle??

the only workaround to this problem, I have found soo far is to turn annotations scales off for those fittings, but i am afraid this is not a "good practice".

Message 8 of 8
sforsberg215
in reply to: malagon03

Sorry, cannot offer a solution. I believe this problem may be related to the look-up tables Revit uses for different fittings. I have noticed these inconsistencies and believe that the look-up tables to be the root of the problem. There was a similar thread just a few days ago with a similar question. Sincerely Scott E Forsberg C: 651-468-4024 Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. Vincent van Gogh (1853-1890)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report