Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPE ELEVATION

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
gurvinder.virdi
740 Views, 1 Reply

PIPE ELEVATION

Hi

I am wanting to tag pipe elevation in the MEP pipe section to relative datum so I can lates give inverts to OS Datum and not relative to the floor levels. Could you please explain how this can be done?

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gurvinder.virdi

In Plan View, this can only be done if the datum you wish to report the offset from is a Level. You can use a Spot Elevation Tag (which can only be applied if the Pipe's geometry is visible, i.e. Detail Level: Fine); you will need to use a Spot Elevation Tag with the Type Properties settings "Elevation Origin" equals "Relative", and the Instance Properties setting "Relative Base" equal "[your datum Level's name]". You will have to set the Instance Property "Relative Base" each time you place one of these Tags, or use the pull-down on the Options Bar to set it before placement.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report