Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Elbow with ferrule

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tkinsley
497 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Elbow with ferrule

I created an elbow that needs a ferrule end,  I made it with a revolve but can not seem to get the revolve to constrain to the angle parameter or to the end of the sweep on the right side.  I made a reference line to host which is flexing correctly.  I even tried making the revolve a nested family but that did not flex correctly either. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: tkinsley

I had a quick look at your model.

To properly rotate an object in Revit you would have to fix it to a reference line (not plane).

So a nested family (easiest) is a good way to go. Make sure (what you already did) that the nested family is “work-plane based”  and “always vertical” has been set to off.

In the host arrange for a reference line and make sure it rotates properly.

Insert the nested family and attach it to the workplane and further constrain it to your needs

Have a look at this explanation

http://www.planta1.com/blog/rotating-a-revit-model-family-in-3-different-axes-by-reference-lines/

It explains in detail how to make objects able to rotate around all three axis.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
tkinsley
in reply to: L.Maas

The reference line with angular dimension in nested family was what I was missing.  All good now.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report