Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe drop/rise annotation size

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
bsepter
9286 Views, 13 Replies

Pipe drop/rise annotation size

From reading through the forums, I understand how to change the annotation scale of pipe fittings and single line symbols. But am I correct in saying that this setting does not affect the size of the single line pipe drop/rise symbol?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: bsepter

Correct.
Rise drop is:
Manage > MEP Settings > Mechanical Settings > Pipe Settings > Rise / Drop > Pipe Rise / Drop Annotation Size.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 14
bsepter

Just when I think I've tried everthing and clicked everything, the setting was right under my nose. Thanks Martin.
Message 4 of 14
ccossey

In RevitMEP 2012, the "Pipe Rise / Drop Annotation Size" will not allow you to adjust the size below 1/8".  The rise/drop symbols in the model and on paper are way too big at that size.  Is there another way to adjust the annotation size?

Message 5 of 14
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: ccossey

In 2012, the Annotation Size is tied to the Pipe Size in Project Units, which is set to round to 1/8" by default.

Go to Manage > Project Units > Piping > Pipe Size and set rounding to less than 1/8". This should fix the issue.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 14
ccossey
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

That worked!  Thank you, that was frustrating...

Message 7 of 14
BIMQueen62
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks - we where finding the same problem. In my testing I found that this works also. The problem is not knowing this when you edit Pipe Rise / Drop Annotation Size from the Mechanical Settings - work and save beyond the point of undo - then try to correct through Project Units, it is already broke and does not seem to be fixable. We know have 12" symbols for up/down on a huge VA project. 

1st Question - is there a fix from this point?

2nd Question - why move a Mechanical Setting to Project Units?  

Message 8 of 14
ccossey

Aquino,

Did you go back and change your mechanical settings after you changed the project units?  Changing the project units just allows you go use a number less than 1/8" (or whatever you set it to) then, you have to go into mechanical settings and change the rise/drop to whatever you want it to be.  I was able to get my rise/drops to change mid-way through a project.

Hope this helps,

Cossey

Message 9 of 14
BIMQueen62

Super! Yes that worked!!

Message 10 of 14
kvanatta
in reply to: BIMQueen62

Shouldn't this method also work for pipe fittings? I can't get our fittings to look smaller.

Message 11 of 14
ccossey

That should be controlled in mechanical settings>Pipe Settings>pipe fitting annotation size.  You may have to select the fittings and select the "use annotation scale" in the properties box.  You can select the fittings globally for the whole project or just the current view and change check the box too.

Message 12 of 14
RandMan
in reply to: ccossey

Has there been any progress on this issue?  There looks to be some conflicting info in this thread. 

I thought we had this issue resolved where I work.  We had set the pipe rise/drop anno size to less than 1/8".  That worked for plumbing.  Turns out, our Fire Prot guys wanted the pipe drop to display a bit larger.  Their views are scaled at 3/32" = 1'-0".  The views in question are in the coarse, single-line detail-level.  The WikiHelp lists: "specifies the plotted size. . . . size is maintained regardless of the drawing scale.  The symbol measures differently, when you change the scale of the view (I guess it would have to, to appear the same size relative to the Arch). 

Can we specify the symbol size based on scale?  Seems like I've seen this discussed before.  Seems like I had found some of those settings in 2012.  Things have moved. 

Message 13 of 14
RandMan
in reply to: RandMan

Can I increase the size of the rise/drop overall?  Is the symbol the same, regardless of the pipe-type, size, or any other factor?

Message 14 of 14
RandMan
in reply to: RandMan

Eureka!  You have to change the setting in two places. 

Project Units > Piping > Pipe Size, set rounding to less than 1/8".  (I set mine to 1/256")

Then, you can fine-tune the MEP Settings > Pipe Rise / Drop, to a fraction a bit less than 1/8".  (21/256" for example)

This was for a 2013 project. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report