Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Connector For Pipe With Slope

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Hugh_Compton
1650 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Connector For Pipe With Slope

I've attached a Revit 2014 file with an elbow and a pipe.  I am trying to get the pipe to connect to the elbow.

On the elbow's connectors I have ticked 'Allow Slope Adjustment'.

This is a very simple connection so why won't it work?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jade.l
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

Are you trying to specify a special slope? You can make a sloped pipe just using the slope function without any further setting in family.

jade.l

Message 3 of 5
Hugh_Compton

Hi Jade

I have no problems putting a slope onto a pipe apart from when it comes to 'connecting' into a fitting.  It's 'connecting' the pipe to the fitting that's proving difficult.

I require a vertical pipe to be connected to the top of the elbow.  The almost horizontal pipe requires a 1:100 (or 1:80) slope downwards away from the elbow.

Message 4 of 5
Ecosse

Not sure if this answers your query, but I have found Revit very finicky when it comes to connecting pipes. another thing I notice regarding slopes when working with drainage systems is that Revit seems to get different answers than I do using my calculator. A small example: Pipe length 527.59mm Fall 1:100. running up toward the drain point height from top of foundation 379.04mm. formula for working out the increase in height is easy enough as O=Tan(angle) x plan pipe length. So 527.59*.01 = 5.276. add to 379.04 =384.316. However if you use this at the higher end of the pipe Revit changes the fall to 0.98% or 49/5000, you will say close enough to the 1:100 fall, however if you change the pipe fall to 1.00% (1:100) Revit changes the height to 385.27 from the calculated 384.316. Revit does not change or take in to consideration that the pipe would change in length in real terms as it is now the hypotenuse of the triangle.
Message 5 of 5
fabiosato
in reply to: Ecosse

Hello,

Revit does all calculation with imperial units and convert to metric, this causes some rounding issues.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report