Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Break similar to a Pipe Cap

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
413 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Break similar to a Pipe Cap

What is it in the Pipe Cap RFA that causes it to be anchored to the Pipe, so if the pipe moves, the Cap moves with it? Is it the Pipe Connector in the family? I'm unable to use the 'Align' command on the connector. I'm attempting to build a 'squiggly' break line that will remain anchored, but I'm only getting frustrated.
Also, when I place the Pipe Cap fitting, the endpoint snap appears and lets me snap to the end of the pipe. How is this enabled?
My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dtiemeyer

The family behavior is related to connector ,family category and its part type. The pipe connect the cap and pipe (system family) together.
Message 3 of 4
Martin__Schmid

I would recommend just starting with our endcap, and just modify the visibility of the graphics in plan.

Alternatively, consider the use of the application, and what the pipe break implies. If your pipe is really a continuous pipe,and you're just breaking it for graphical representation, well.. things such as flow through the pipe may no longer work as expected.

However, if you are using the 'break' at, say, the 'domestic water' entrance, this makes perfect sense.

Cheers-
MS

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
dtiemeyer

Hi Martin, thank you for your replies today.
The main problem is that the 'squiggle' changes size [inversely related to the pipe size]. If I start deleting type parameters, sizing remains consistent, but it is no longer anchored to the pipe. Any suggestion is appreciated.
My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report