Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photovoltaic Panels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GIB39
1865 Views, 2 Replies

Photovoltaic Panels

I am after a revit PV panel that I cam modify size wise and rotate both on the landscape and portrait. Does anyone have an object t I can use, it's only for conceptual design purposes.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: GIB39

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

So, what you are looking is basically a generic box with adjustable Length/Width/Thickness? This is pretty easy to whip up:

Start a new Family using the "Electrical Equipment.rft" or "Electrical Fixture.rft" Family Template.

Create an Extrusion using the command on the Ribbon, and draw a square (any size) around the origin.

Create a new Linear Dimension ("DI") and click on the bottom line, the top line, and then the horizontal origin Plane. Place the dimension somewhere to the side of the lines, select it, and click the "EQ" to equally constrain them.

Create another Linear Dimension and click the bottom line and then the top line, and place it off to the side. Select that dimension, and you'll see a pulldown named "Label:" on the Options Bar (below the Ribbon). Click that and select "<add parameter...>", and name you Parameter "Length" and make it an Instance Parameter.

Repeat steps 3 & 4 on the other axis to create the "Width" Parameter and constraints. Click "Finish", select the Extrusion, and under Properties, click on the grey button next to "Extrusion End". In the following dialog, click "Add parameter..." and create the "Thickness" Parameter just like the other two.

Finally, under "Family Category and Parameters" on the Ribbon,enable the option "Work Plane-Based" and disable "Always Vertical" and then this Family will be placed and hosted to surfaces in the Project.

I post this because it is far better to start learning some Family creation than to just be handed a Family. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
GIB39
in reply to: GIB39

Hi Thanks for the reply. Yes I realise it's very basic what I am after but I have only done the basic revit starter course and not touched anythjng on families at all.
I'll be certainly giving that a go as it appears quite simple to follow and under stand.

I appreciate the help and effort u have gone to.

Thanks Paul.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report