Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasing in an Existing model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
729 Views, 6 Replies

Phasing in an Existing model

I have an ongoing project we do both demo and new, and have an existing model from the client. The question s when we do demo, existing  and new, how do we setup the views, each one for demo, existing and new, and how do I control the phases.

Thanks in advance,

Gladson

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TonyVav
in reply to: Anonymous

I am using Revit MEP 2012. This should point you in the right direction.

1.Highlight the existing building and all existing geometry. In the properties box make sure it says "existing" under phase created.

2.  Use the sledge hammer under "Manage>Phasing". Under "Phase demolished" the demolished items will move to "new construction".

When you start drawing the new items they will go under "new construction" under "phase created".

I have a view for Demo and a view for New. Under "Phase filter" (In the properties box). I use "Previous + Demo" in the Demo view and "Previous + New" for the New view.

I usually don't change the phase filters unless there is an architect involved. If there is an architect involved you can "transfer project standards" from the Architects model.

Good luckCat Happy

Message 3 of 7
CoreyDaun

When setting up initial views, I recommend creating three per floor - Existing, Demolition, and New Construction, with the settings below.

View              Phase                         Phase Filter                     Purpose

Existing           Existing                        Show Complete                 Place ALL existing elements here.

Demo              New Construction        Show Previous + Demo    Set the desired existing elements to Demolished.

New               New Construction        Show Previous + New      Place ALL new elements here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the reply, I did as u mentioned, but for some reason it is not becoming half tone, even though I changed the graphic overrides to half tone in phase, could you please advise me.

Thanks

gladson

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

Which View is not becoming half-tone? There could be a few causes, so tell me this: if you go to Visibility/Graphics » Revit Links tab and make the Link halftone, does that have any effect?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sorry I forget to mention it, the existing view. as you mentioned the revit links are already in halftone

Thanks

Gladson

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun

No problem. This is expected behavior, which I'll explain how Revit interprets it:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Phase of the Existing View is set to "Existing", which is like going back in time to when the original building is being constructed.

The existing Elements have a Parameter named "Phase Created" which would have to be set to "Existing" if they're showing in the Existing View.

Now, since we're "back in time", Revit is displaying all of these existing Elements as if they were New because they are created in this Phase (Existing).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The bottom line about the Existing Views is that they are NOT intended to be part of the final project, and they're just there for WORKING purposes***. So, their exact appearance should be of no concern. The New and Demo Views are supposed to ultimately be placed on Sheets.

***When you place a new element (a Duct, for example) in a View, it is assumed by Revit that it will be Created in the current View's Phase. Now, since the Demo View's Phase must be set to New Construction, any elements that are drawn in that view will be assumed New and then vanish, since New elements are hidden in Demo Views.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report