Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase graphics

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CVMN0501
1084 Views, 2 Replies

Phase graphics

Hi All, i got this problem regarding graphics for a Generic Annotation nested in a Sprinkler family. Let me explain first the project.

The project is a fit-out of an existing building and services, also Revit version used is 2014. The first thing done was to model the existing fire services in a view with an "Existing" phase. and then demolish quite a few stuff and draw new connections in a view with a "New Construction phase" and a phase filter of Show Previous + Demolish + New. On the images below, when the view is on existing phase, the symbol for recessed pendent sprinkler is a circle with a dot inside which is the correct symbol, and then when i changed it to new construction phase (which is the correct phase for view), the symbol changes similarly to concealed pendent sprinkler. I don't understand how this happened.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CVMN0501

What's happening here is that the color override of the Surface Lines for Existing Elements is being applied to the embedded Filled Regions in your Sprinkler Family, specifically the one with the solid white fill. If you can create the white Filled Region as a Masking Region instead, then this problem should be alleviated.

BTW - very nicely composed post here; the info, images, and family file helped quite a bit!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
CVMN0501
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Excellent, worked perfectly! Got to advise the guys not to use White fill pattern and use masking instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report