Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phase changes cause pipe drops to fail RMEP 2011

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
670 Views, 3 Replies

phase changes cause pipe drops to fail RMEP 2011

I have drawn a pipe system with the pipes and elbows on 'Existing' phase. However, when I attempt to change their 'Phase Demolished' property to 'New Construction' I'm give the warning that Revit will 'disconnect' the elements. Well, it is disconnecting all the elements from each other apparently, because the pipe drop becomes just a circle. Am I doing something wrong? I want the system to be 'demo' but I want to preserve the pipe drops.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

It's been a long standing issue that a lot of folks have had with Revit MEP; the fact that demolished Elements cannot belong to a System and become disconnected from each other. The only means of preserving the connection is to not set the elements to Demolished at all.

As a work-around, perhaps you can create a Project Parameter (Yes/No, Instance) named "Demolished". This parameter can then be used in Schedule Filters, View Filters, etc. to reproduce their "Demolished" status. This is a PITA and it may not be the lesser of the two evils...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ugh... thanks CADastrophe.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 4 of 4
RedMan77
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Unfortuantely this still seems to be an issue with 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report