Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently hiding dimensions in 3D view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HE-MJJ
2026 Views, 5 Replies

Permanently hiding dimensions in 3D view

Hi,

How can I prevent some of the dimensions being visible in the 3D view?

I have created several dimensions but only some of them are visible in the 3D view.

At the moment I have to hide the catogry every time when I go to the 3D view.

M
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
edk800f1
in reply to: HE-MJJ

Dimensions are a type of Annotation.
Annotations are only visible in the view that they are created.
If you "duplicate with details" or "duplicate as dependent", then you'll duplicate the annotations in the previous view.
Did you "duplicate" an existing view with dimensions to create your 3-D view?
If your 3-D view is a dependent view, you'll see it associated (immediately below and slightly offset) from the other view in the project browser.
I doubt if you'd ever want a 3-D view dependent upon another, unless perhaps the view angle was identical.
If it is dependent, you can remove that dependency instead of deleting the view and starting over.
Once the view is not dependent, you can delete (instead of hide) the dimensions you don't want.
Disclaimer: I'm not sure how dimensions work in 3-D views, but you say you have them. I don't think you can tag, or at least not tag so they display correctly.
Ed
MSKTD and Associates
MEP10
Message 3 of 6
EKey

Try this:
Select a dimension and type VH on keyboard.

EK
Message 4 of 6
HE-MJJ

Hi,

I don't have any dependent views.

If I delete the dimension in the 3D view it also disappears in the front view. So they are the same.

There are only two of the dimension wich I have this problem with. The others don't show up in the 3D view.

If I look at the properties, I don't see anything different in relation to dimensions that aren't visible in 3D view.

Still haven't figured it out.

I could create new ones, but I'd rather know what's the cause of this...

M
Message 5 of 6
HE-MJJ

Thanks,

View Hide I presume? Nothing happens.

I can hide the elements. But hen I "Reset temporary Hide/Isolate" they are visible again.

I'm looking for a way to permantly hide them like the other dimension.

I hope this isn't some flaw in Revit MEP.

M
Message 6 of 6
tranvanbach

we can still dimension 3d view by the way: Before dim you have to set work plan for it and we can dim easily.Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report