Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Printing - Combine Multiple problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tkendrick
1100 Views, 3 Replies

PDF Printing - Combine Multiple problem

When I print a sheet set using a PDF printer, set to combime multiple sheets. It will print the complete sheet set and want to save a new combined file for every sheet. So if the sheet set contains 20 sheets, it will ask to save the file 20 times. And it takes FOREVER to cancel all the sheets after I get the first PDF set saved. This doesn't happen all the time, but very frequently. This also happens with the Adobe PDF and CutePDF.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on settings I might be missing?

Separately, I've noticed when printing anything, to physical printers or PDFs, that after printing, the status bar continues to flash messages about printing. I have to close and restart to clear that. This seems to have an affect on working conditions, making loading views slower.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkendrick

I found that this issue is caused if the last place that the user clicked was in the Project Browser or if the current View is non-printable (i.e. a Schedule View). Prior to printing, be sure that you open any printable View and click anywhere inside that View to make it the 'active window'. Following this simple step, you should never have this problem again!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
tkendrick
in reply to: CoreyDaun

How do you ever figure that out?Smiley Happy

I tried it again doing that, and it worked. Thanks.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkendrick

tkendrick wrote:

"How do you ever figure that out?" Smiley Happy

Two of my co-workers had this problem almost every time they tried to print, whereas, I never did. Every time I went to their boxes to reproduce the issue, I could never do it. They could intentionally reproduce it relatively often, but of course not while I was standing there. So after dismissing it and accepting the occasional extra printing duties, I right clicked on a Sheet (in the Project Browser) to rename it, go to print,  and suddenly, bam! There's that error. I put 2 and 2 together at that point and blamed the Project Browser.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report