Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking Garage RCP view range

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
K_Capehart
1276 Views, 5 Replies

Parking Garage RCP view range

I am an electrical drafter for an MEP firm and I have been tasked with making the parking spaces show up on the lighting plans? Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the view range in order to make this happen, and if so could you please share that information with me?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Instead of adjusting the view range, you could set a parking layout plan as an Underlay (View Properties of the RCP). Make sure the Underlay Orientation is set to Plan.

Message 3 of 6

The problem I have with changing the Underlay Orientation is that I am unable to see structural beams on the ceiling when I do that. I've never underlayed another plan before, can you go into a little more detail as to how I do that?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6

To use an underlay, in the View Properties of your RCP plan, under Graphics, go to Underlay. Choose the appropriate level from the dropdown. Underneath that, in Underlay Orientation, choose Plan.  You should see the floor plan items as well as your RCP items.

When I tried this, my columns stayed on, but I lost the walls. Everything was on in VG, so eventually I figured out that the Discipline settings (also under View Properties) were affecting the display. I had used architectural walls, which were turning off every time I set the Discipline to anything other than Arch or Coordination.  Once I set the Discipline of both views to Coordination, everything showed up.  So, you might have to tweak your VG settings, since changing the Discipline will probably affect display.

If I'm missing anything here, or if someone else has a more efficient way to do this, I'd love to hear it.

AJ

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: K_Capehart

We've had to do this same thing, but we've also had to do something similar in which we needed to show the stairs properly in the RCP. (Since your looking from the opposite direction, you see the underside of the stair, thus hiding the steps.)

Our solution was to create a separate Floor Plan View which only shows the desired Elements, and overlap the two Views on the Sheet. It's not the best of solutions, but it was a quick work-around for us.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6

Are you able to underlay specific views? I don't have that option. I can only underlay Levels.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report