Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Family Creation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
KEOSTE
509 Views, 2 Replies

Parametric Family Creation

Hi just a quick question about parametric family creation.

I am creating a library of mechanical familys and have come across a problem when producing some of the parametric types. For example I have just created a VAV Box  which comes available in 3 sizes. My problem is that the small & medium models are identical other than size and work fine when changing the parametric properties but the larger model has a few parts not incuded that are shown in the other models. I was wondering if there is a way to isolate or remove cretain parts of a model inside different parametric types or would I simply have to create a separte family for the larger model.

Thanks

Ste

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeMaloney
in reply to: KEOSTE

You should create the pieces/parts as seperate individual families  that are not consistant across ALL Types you are setting up in the Family.  Then Insert them one at a time as "Nested" Families, and apply a YES/NO Parameter to the visibility param for each piece.  Then when you set up each TYPE, simply apply a YES or a NO for the appropriate parts, thus turning on or off.

HTH

Mike Maloney
BIM Design Automation Coordinator
CH2M Hill
Message 3 of 3
KEOSTE
in reply to: MikeMaloney

Hi, thank you for your reply. sorry for my  late response. I tried your method and it works great.

Cheers

Ste

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report