Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters for HVAC transitions are read-only depending on part type?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
350 Views, 1 Reply

Parameters for HVAC transitions are read-only depending on part type?

In my projects, I want to be able to modify the Duct Height, Duct Width, and Duct Radius parameters of the Duct/Fittings/Multi-Shape/Transitions, (see "Round to Rectangular Transition - Length.rfa" for this example) but for whatever reason these are set to read-only.  Note that I do not want to modify any neighboring duct so that Revit automagically changes these parameters for me -- I want to modify the fitting's parameters directly.

To get them to be writable, I tried editing the family and setting the part type to something other than "Transition" (e.g. "Union") and then I could suddenly edit the parameters in the project.  (Why is this?  And, this won't work as a solution, since I can't modify all the system families this way.)

Investigating this further, I switched the part type back to "Transition" and then unlinked the Duct Height parameter from the rectangular connector.  Now in the project the Duct Height was again no longer read-only.  But again this isn't what I want -- parameter needs to be linked to the connector size to be useful.

So to summarize, there are two questions here -- 1) Why are these parameters read-only under this set of circumstances, and 2) Is there some solution that wouldn't require customizations to each of the families, e.g. maybe some setting at the project level that I could make to my project template?  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bvm76
in reply to: Anonymous

Dimensions of this can be edited. Please see attached. When you select the fitting, the connector dimension shows up where you can select and edit it.

Hope this solve your queries.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report