Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter in duct tag

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
filipesmsantos
1495 Views, 4 Replies

Parameter in duct tag

Hi.

I wan´t to learn to add new parameter to a Duct Tag. I use the additional flow because I don´t know how to use Flow. It appear in grey and I can´t edit the number in it.

I wan´t to insert a new parameter, and after I insert I can add into the Tag and use any number I want.

I hope you understand my question and what I wan´t to do.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gagnong
in reply to: filipesmsantos

If I understand correctly you want to know how to change the parameter that a tags shows.  To do this select one of the existing duct tags in your project and then select "Edit Family" in the ribbon.  This will put you in the Family Editor.  Once in the Family Editor select the tag and in the MPP next to Label click the Edit... button.  

Label.PNG

Under Label Parameters select any listed Parameters Names and click the "Remove parmeters from label button" (it has a red arrow pointing to the left).  Now in the Catagory Parameters list select the parameter you want to show in the label, in this case the "Additional Flow" and click the "Add parameters to label button" (green arrow pointing to the right).  This will add it to the Label parameters list.  Now click the OK button.  Now you can Save it under a new family name and then load it into the project.

Greg Gagnon

Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst

Message 3 of 5
filipesmsantos
in reply to: gagnong

Not exacly that. But thank you anyway.

In my tag I already have the additional flow parameter added. What I want is create a new parameter, with a new name like "Caudal", and add it to the tag. 

And after the creation of that new parameter, it's perfect if I can change the value of it in the Properties, when I have a duct selected.

Message 4 of 5

Nobody knows how to help me with this?

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: filipesmsantos

If you wish to add a custom Parameter to a System Family (i.e. Ducts, Pipes), you must first create a Shared Parameter of the appropriate Type (click on the link for more help in creating these). Once created, you can add that Shared Parameter to your Tag Family (as per gagnong's post; use the "new" icon in the lower left to add it), and then add it as a Project Parameter in your Project, applied to the appropriate Category and as an Instance Parameter. This will make you Shared Parameter available under Properties for all applicable elements, and allow a custom value to be entered. You will also be able to use this Parameter in Schedules.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report