Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panelboard load transfer

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jjones
983 Views, 7 Replies

Panelboard load transfer

Working on a project and feeding panels out of other panels and noticed this and wondering if I had something wrong with my panel family or if its just a Revit thing. 

I have a high voltage panelboard with loads from existing/future that I need to figure into total loads. So I use a spare and change the info directly on the panelboard schedule. That load does not seem to transfer though. Is that just Revit or is that something wrong with my panelboard. Using basically default panelboard only thing I have changed is the physical dimensions. Running Revit MEP 2013. 

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jjones
in reply to: jjones

Little update: I been trying to figure out how to fix this and I now have a panel that I put 2 spares in and modified. One of the loads transfers up the system. The other does not. No idea what the difference is. 

Message 3 of 8
CoreyDaun

I tested this with Revit MEP 2013 and could not replicate this issue - all of the Spare loads 'transferred' to the source panel.

Would you be able to attached a small sample of your Project file? Save a separate copy of your file first ('Detach from Central' if Workshared). In order to get it small enough to post, delete everything except for the two panels, Purge All, and then manually remove any Fitting Families from the Project by deleting them in Project Browser.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 8
jjones
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I can't get it small enough to attach on here so not sure how to handle that. I am going to attach the 2 panelboards. Whats weird is the load doesn't show up in the total/phase but does in the total for the panel. This isn't always the case since I have some panels that do transfer the load and it shows up in both places. 

Any other way for me to send you this file? It is 2,560KB with just 2 panels and everything purged and deleted. I had other panels in there to show that some loads transfer and others don't but deleted them to try and reduce the size. Don't think it was over 3,000KB if you want to see that too. 

Message 5 of 8
CoreyDaun

I'll send you a Private Message with my email address.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

I've received your file via email. I'm seeing some minor, strange behavior and appearances here. Was this project upgraded from a previous version?

I just re-created the panel and it seems to work as expected, then. So if you can do that easily, I would suggest.

As another suggestion, consider the use of this Proxy Load family in lieu of using Spares for existing loads. There's a lot more flexibility to them (Load Classifications and such) and they would avoid this strange occurrence with the Spares going on here.

Message 7 of 8
jjones
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yeah I had already started fixing it with a Proxy Load Family. Thanks for the help

Message 8 of 8
pwoodM9SJL

A solution that worked for me was:

Manipulate your existing 3 Phase panel by Edit Family, change the Number of Poles from Type to Instance Parameter and change from 3 to 2.

re-import into the project, then change the Distribution system once re-imported back into the project.

Next, remove the panel from a circuit Select Panel(On Ribbon Electrical Circuits, Edit Circuit, remove circuit, select panel) to disconnect from upstream panel, (do not use disconnect panel), thereby isolating the panel (remove from circuit will disable any connectivity to it’s source).

Next, we select the panel, to change the Distribution system to 208V120 Single phase, then check the panel outcome. We then change the panelboard template to a single phase template, show you how to change the number of poles from an existing template.

Lastly, You should change the main breaker sizes, since the load will increase, you should reconnect your panels in a manner that the loads get reconnected to your main service load for total accountability. 

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report