Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panelboard Load Classifications

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lmcgill2
621 Views, 1 Reply

Panelboard Load Classifications

I have a question that I'm wondering if someone could answer.  Typically in Revit, if I circuit several receptacles to a panel, say panel "A", that circuit shows in the "LOAD CLASSIFCATION" section of the panel schedule and applies any appropriate demand factors.  Then, if I circuit panel A to a distribution panel, say "MDP", those load breakdowns are transferred quite nicely.  This makes it easy to tabulate loads throughout a project.

My question, is, though, is it possible to "transfer" the total connected load of panel A (load without any demand factors applied) to MDP and apply an entirely different demand factor to the total load as a whole?

Here is the situation:  We're working on a multi-family residential project - a 4-tennant apartment building.  The NEC allows me to apply a demand factor based on the number of tenant panels.  So if each tenant panel has 24000VA worth of total load, I'd like to apply a demand factor to all of the tenant panels as they're circuited to my main panel.

This is a little confusing, but any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: lmcgill2

My current and first Revit project is mixed use; 2 levels parking, 6 commercial tenant spaces and 116 residential units. We use Revit MEP 2013 for circuiting devices to the appropriate panel and simulataneously entered the data into the Excel spreadsheet for applying the various diversity factors. It is unfortunate we couldn't take advantage of the efficiencies within Revit. Besides being new to Revit design I wanted to only circuit typical units and I couldn't see how to represent the panel loads without actually circuiting everything to them. I don't have an answer for your query, but I feel your pain.

Diane M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report