Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Schedule Template formatting of Calculated Values

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dtiemeyer
1502 Views, 2 Replies

Panel Schedule Template formatting of Calculated Values

When I use a <parameter> to define a value in a panel schedule template, the result is 'blank' until data exists to populate it. But if I use a calculated value to define a value, it defaults to '0' instead of 'blank', thus causing my rows to look different. Any way to make this act the same?  I'm attaching an image and a v12 model. Thanks!

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Would it be plausible to just change the direct Parameter References into Calculated Values to make it display consistently? For example, in lieu of just linking "K Connected" to a cell, create a Calculated Value with the formula "= K Connected"?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
David_Robison
in reply to: dtiemeyer

In my add-in, I ran into a similar problem. My was a little different--for a numeric parameter, it is blank until you give it a value, and then always has a value. There's no way to go back to blank.

I ended up choosing to use string parameters and do the conversion from a number to a string manually. That allowed me to also use a blank string when I wanted it to not have a value.

I'm not sure if it is possible or not, but can you use strings as your final output instead of a number? I haven't done much work with panel schedules or calculated values. If you can embed just a little bit of logic in the calculated value (a basic if-then) you should be able to make it work.

Otherwise, I would go for a solution similar to what Corey suggested, where they are all calculated values and all display a 0. Otherwise I think you'll run into cases where you can't get the parameter back to be blank after filling in a value.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report