Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Schedule manipulation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bpitts
439 Views, 1 Reply

Panel Schedule manipulation

We are working on a large hotel with many typical rooms.  Rather than model and circuit each room, we would like to use typical rooms.  How do we manipulate the panel schedules to reflect all the circuit designations needed for the multiple rooms?  Also, how do you calculate a load classification and demand of a spare breaker in the panel?  I have tried changing the demand and load classification of a spare but it does not calculate in the panel loads.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bpitts

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

bpitts wrote:

"We are working on a large hotel with many typical rooms.  Rather than model and circuit each room, we would like to use typical rooms.  How do we manipulate the panel schedules to reflect all the circuit designations needed for the multiple rooms?..."

Revit is not very good at "faking" circuits and loads, and creating a typical layout can be challenging. I would suggest, of course, circuiting one room of each type properly. The perhaps add the appropriate tenant panels to each of the rooms and then place one of these Proxy Loads to simulate the load for each Load Classification. You will still have to create circuits for these Proxy Loads and connect them to the panels to achieve the correct Loads and Load Classifications.

bpitts wrote:

"Also, how do you calculate a load classification and demand of a spare breaker in the panel?  I have tried changing the demand and load classification of a spare but it does not calculate in the panel loads."

One cannot change the Load Classification of Spares. In order to simulate loads without actually modeling and circuit the elements, use the Proxy Load family mentioned above, and then circuit those. That is the only way to preserve Load Classification that I know of.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report