Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlaying Viewports with Breaks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
schweitzernic
515 Views, 4 Replies

Overlaying Viewports with Breaks

I'm using two viewports to show my piping. One with single line piping above grade and one with double line piping below grade. When I overlay the two viewports the above grade piping doesn't break the below grade piping so they just print out all on top of each other. I've made sure to put in the above grade second so it's on top but it still doesn't break the lines on the other viewport. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: schweitzernic

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

The MEP Hidden Lines and Gaps do not work between different Viewports; they only function between elements in the same View.

The only solution that immediately comes to my mind is to alter the underground plan to show the gaps. In order to do this, the above-ground Piping must be visible on the underground View. Create a new View Filter with Filter Rules affecting only the above-ground Pipes and Pipe Fittings (if you don't already have one), add this View Filter to your underground plan, and set the color override to white (which essentially makes it invisible). Now on the Sheet View, the underground plan (which is underneath the above-ground Viewport) will appear to break around the single-line Piping.

As this is not a perfect solution (and I doubt that one exists), there may be undesired graphical effects in regards to the background and other elements, but I cannot say specifically without experimentation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
schweitzernic
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That gets me somewhere. My domestic water breaks the waste now. It's rough with the waste piping though because it's above and below grade. I don't know that I can differentiate between the two so it knows not to show one or the other.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: schweitzernic

That will take some manual work and another View Filter. Set the Filter Rules to "Comments Equals X", or something to that effect. Set the graphics to white, just like the other View Filter. Now for the manual labor part: You will have to select those elements that you want to be hidden in the underground plan and enter "X" (or whatever you set your Filter Rules to) in the Comments field, under Properties. If you are already using Comments for something, then you can add a new Project Parameter to accomplish this.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
schweitzernic
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks! It's a little labor intensive but it sure looks a lot nicer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report