Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orient trick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
510 Views, 3 Replies

orient trick

Ok I thought I had it figured out but I give up. What is the trick to get the orient plane to work, so that you know which direction from the face it will orient when you click on it? Ive got a particularly stubborn one here and no matter which face I select, its always orienting me from the opposite (wrong) side, so that I cant see what I need to 😞

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

The 3D View should snap to the closest perpendicular direction, so if you want to set the View to the opposite side of the Work Plane, then manually adjust the View so it is viewing from that side prior to using "Orient to Plane".

OrientToWorkPlane.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thats a fantastic explanation but thats not always whats happening. There has to be more to the story, what if you select a part of a fitting as your workplane, or insulation as your work plane, or the face of a group or assembly? There has to be more to the story, because I am not seeing the explaination you are describing work in all cases. It seems hap-hazaard at best.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

I tested this (Revit 2014) with several methods, including using Work Planes and picking faces of various elements and Groups, and all of my results were as my previous post explained. Can you make this behave differently with any consistency? If so, could you post a small sample file for investigation?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report