Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
233 Views, 3 Replies

Opening Files

I work at an MEP firm and ahve finalyl gotten on of the architects we work with to send us their Revit file on a job we are doing for them. But whenever I try to open something new that they send it takes me hours to open the file. At least two. And I usually get some message about the central file. Which I know nowthing about could someone please explain to me the central file. I have an idea of what it is from some other messages on here but am still not quite clear on it.

I was told that Revit can recognize or mark differences when you are updating. How does one update the file? Do you open the old on and then import the new one or something? I did not see this covered in the Tutorials.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When your trying to open the Revit Building file, In the open dialog box...in the lower righthand corner there is a check box for "Detach from Central" select that before you hit OPEN. Maybe the arch file is looking for the central file and can't find the path.
Message 3 of 4
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

New to worksharing? I'd highly recommend that you read our whitepaper on the subject. You can find it at http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Multi_User_Collaboration_Revit_8-10.pdf

It should hopefully get you started on this important subject.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
mortega
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Is there an updated version of this "Multi_User_C​ollaboration_Revit_8-10.pdf", something that addresses more the sharing of work across the WAN? What is Autodesk’s recommendation on how this should be done?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report