Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOTB receptacles not reporting room name or room number

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
RedMan77
1343 Views, 11 Replies

OOTB receptacles not reporting room name or room number

Saw other threads that are similar to my issue but not exactly.  I want my receptacles to report the room name and number.  Trying to set it up to eventually be a way of doing a simple take off.  In my schedule I used the Room: Name and Room Number: parameters that belong to revit.  Another words they are not shared parameters.   Even though my room, space and heights of space are correct, it will not report the Out of the Box receptacles. When I try my light fixtures, the Room:name and Room:Number report perfectly.  So it seems an issue with the receptacles, not my room.  Even when I place the receptacle in the middle of the room (not in wall), the room info will not report.  I went into the type of family its set to and its set to electrical fixtures.  Electrical fixtures should be able to report room and space info.

Please help enlighten me as to where I am going wrong or not thinking of.  Many thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
AJA14
in reply to: RedMan77

Hi,

Not sure if this is your problem, but check the calculation point in the family. It may be above the receptacle, which means it is above the room boundaries and will not be read by the room.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 12
RedMan77

Appreciate the response but I am positive the receptacle is within the room boundary.  Thanks though.

Message 4 of 12
AJA14

Hi,

You're welcome. But again let me mention, it does not matter if the receptacle itself is in the room. The calculation point in the family should be located in the room. Sometimes the calculation points are above the elements, and the room is below the element so the room will not read that the element belongs to it. Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 5 of 12
abulla
in reply to: AJA14

Are you in 2013 or 2014? Room calculation points for electrical fixtures weren't added until 2014.

I just tried a sample electrical fixture schedule in 2014 and was able to populate it with Family Type, Circuit Number, Space Name and Space Number without modifying the OOTB family. Hmm.

Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun

Are you trying to reference the Rooms from a linked architectural model? If so, are you certain that your Light Fixture Schedule is reading the linked model's Room info and not just the Space's Name and Number?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 12
RedMan77
in reply to: abulla

thanks for ther responses.

I am in 2014. 

I am not using a linked arch model.

Maybe I am misunderstanding then as it relates to the calcualtion point.  I went into the family editor and there was a check box under other, called Room Calcualtion Point that wasnt checked.  I checked this box and reloaded and there was no change.  Still not reporting.  There are no filters on the schedule.  Receptacles are at 18" A.F.F. and they are within the confines of the space/ room.  The room parameters Room: Name and Room: Number are what I am trying to report room information.  I also tried space name/ number.

I am sure after hearing some of you that I must be missing something so simple.  Again I can create a light fixture in the room, like a scone or a 2x4 and the fixtures are reporting the room name and number, just not receptacles ion my electrical fixture schedule.

Message 8 of 12
RedMan77

I attached a screen shot of my recept highlighted.  You can see the room calcualtion point .  Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 12
AJA14

Hi,

Is the calculation point above or below the receptacle. Try changing the location and reload. Drag it to the other side.

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone
Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 10 of 12
RedMan77

Mystery solved!  Got a bit of help from Revitforum that solved my issue.  In the scehdule view I had phase set to project completion.  As soon as I set it to New construction, all the receptacles instantly appeared.  Thanks for everyone lending a hand. 

Message 11 of 12
RedMan77

Mystery solved!  Got a bit of help from Revitforum that solved my issue.  In the scehdule view I had phase set to project completion.  As soon as I set it to New construction, all the receptacles instantly appeared.  Thanks for everyone lending a hand.

Message 12 of 12
Martintj

Having this same issue but must be different solution.... When scheduling the receptacles if i define a room in the linked model it will use that room name and number but not the linked room...

Linked model is set to room bounding

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report