Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsetting Hosted Electrical Devices

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jpreister
1991 Views, 4 Replies

Offsetting Hosted Electrical Devices

As everyone knows, most of the electrical families have a annotative family within the model family. Sometimes it is necessary to offset the symbol from the wall and arrow it to the wall, in order for 2d drawings to be legible. My question is how do I offset it to the left or right, after it is hosted to the wall?

I have a parameter that can offset it one direction (left), but sometimes I need to offset that same family the other direction and Revit doesn't allow this.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It is not possible to have a negative offset. Take a look at this link (the Andekan website) to see a way of doing it.

http://www.andekan.com/blog/2011/08/01/offset-parameters-for-plan-symbols-%e2%80%93-part-3/

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

So do you have two separate families that can offset both directions, or how do you get away with only having the option to offset in one direction?

Message 4 of 5
jpreister
in reply to: jpreister

Nevermind, I had to go back a page on the link you sent. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5

There are 3 blog posts in the series and they descride it in detail. Basically you have a base point to one side which won't be less than zero offset between the base point and the symbol and then you offset to the one side. Rather than me explain the whole thing (which will take sometime) the posts should hopefully be detailed enough. If not check out this blog post which is pretty similar.

http://www.hokbimsolutions.com/2011/03/setting-offset-in-revit-family.html

Either do the above or have a left offset family and a right offset family.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report