Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset parameter to show in schedules?

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
keoste27
7931 Views, 19 Replies

Offset parameter to show in schedules?

Hi 

I am producing a duct accessory schedule and would like to include the offset parameter in this which shows the height to the centre of the accessory from the level. The parameter is available in the properties panel but is not available in the shedule fields. see images attached. Any ideas how I can include this. any work arounds??

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
L.Maas
in reply to: keoste27

It is not possible to schedule the offset.

Workarounds tend to get messy. It would mean to create your own offset in the family.

After that you would have to make sure that the "Offset" created by Revit will not be used and kept at 0.

The biggest problem will be that the accesory is part of a system and as soon as that system starts to move up/downwards an offset will be introduced.

Therefore keeping an accurate offset wll be very hard/impossible to control.

That said, I never had the requirements to schedule an offset. Normally I will stick to elevation tags and/or dimensioned elevation views.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 20
keoste27
in reply to: L.Maas

Ok, Thank you for your reply.
Message 4 of 20
orca1981

IS THIS STILL THE CASE?

tHANKS!

Message 5 of 20
L.Maas
in reply to: orca1981

Yes, still the case

Duct.png

You could use Dynamo to read the offset and store the value in another parameter that you put on the schedule

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 6 of 20
brianlee

You can't expose it in the project but if the item is a family, you can build it in as a Shared Parameter (SP). You'll have two offsets to track but the SP is now in the schedule.

Message 7 of 20
robert.klempau
in reply to: keoste27

Hello @keoste27,

As @L.Maas mentioned you could use a dynamo script to get the value from the Offset parameter and put it in your own parameter.

But be aware that you have to run the script to update your own parameter after Pipe offsets are changed!

Offset to my offset.png

You could use the Dynamo player to run the script after you updated your model and before closing your model.

Place the script in the folder with all other scripts and let the Dynamo player point to that folder.

dynamo player.png

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Message 8 of 20
askgrkumar
in reply to: robert.klempau

Wonderful.! It's my first Dynamo Exercise done. Thank you So Much, & Do you have any packages like this or May I Know where Can I Get these *.dyn Files?

Message 9 of 20
BIM.Champ

This was spot on! 

Have been trying to find a work around for tagging/scheduling/filtering the offset of pipes and ducts. 

This was my first venture into Dynamo, and the script you provided worked a treat! 

Much Kudos to you!

Message 10 of 20

Hi. is it possible in building pads?

Message 11 of 20

Captura.PNG

🙂 Thanks!

Message 12 of 20
tompilzys

Hello,

Is it also possible to make similar script to get the reference level of pipes/ducts in the shedules?

Regards

Message 13 of 20
fabiosato
in reply to: tompilzys

Hello,

It is possible, the same solution works for all system families, like cable trays, conduits, ducts and pipes.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 20
mairh_tsek

Hello,

I tried to do the same with a family specialty equipment but I get the error below (see image) ..

Thank you in advance! 

Message 15 of 20
fabiosato
in reply to: mairh_tsek

Hello,

Did you created a project parameter for myoffset or inserted a corresponding shared parameter?

Fábio Sato
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 16 of 20
mairh_tsek
in reply to: fabiosato

@fabiosato 

Hello,

I created a shared paramete 'myoffset'. Using the .dyn file that I found above it works.. 

Message 17 of 20
fabiosato
in reply to: mairh_tsek

Hello,

So your problem is solved? It is not clear to me.

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Message 18 of 20
mairh_tsek
in reply to: fabiosato

Yes, using the dyn file above.

Thanks

Message 19 of 20
m.hindley

My first foray into Dynamo and the above code worked a treat.

I'm using mine to extract a list of mounting heights for Electrical items because the Contractor has specifically asked for this.  The only issue is that 'Electrical items' in practice actually includes other categories, "Data Devices", "Telephone Devices" and "Communication Devices".  They also stretch to include Fire Alarm, Lighting Devices, Nurse Call, Security and Speciality too.

Can the above script be run to 'repeat' for several categories however?

PS. I did find out that I could just copy the above into the same workspace just below and change the initial category (repeat for all categories) ...I thought this was a little crude ...but it did work.

So can the original code be changed to allow several categories to be updated?

Many thanks

Marc

Message 20 of 20

You can use RF add in to create the schedule of pipe elevations in excel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report