Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd behavior - duct takeoff lengths

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
167 Views, 2 Replies

Odd behavior - duct takeoff lengths

I'm stumped by a seemingly random occurrence: when I draw a vertical duct and then connect it to a larger horizontal duct, the takeoff that is automatically created is really long (extending at least 12" from the main). Furthermore, ALL the takeoffs in the WHOLE PROJECT, including horizontal takeoffs that used to look fine, suddenly get long too!

What is happening here? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Mish

I am getting the same problem on round and rectangular takeoffs. I have reloaded the families, which usually takes care of these
types of problems, but not this time.

Anyone else?

Thanks,
John

wrote in message news:5663558@discussion.autodesk.com...
I'm stumped by a seemingly random occurrence: when I draw a vertical duct and then connect it to a larger horizontal duct, the
takeoff that is automatically created is really long (extending at least 12" from the main). Furthermore, ALL the takeoffs in the
WHOLE PROJECT, including horizontal takeoffs that used to look fine, suddenly get long too!

What is happening here? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't believe that there is not a real looking take off. I am having trouble with takeoffs connecting to horizontal ducts also. I have been creative in coming up with different ways to connect ducts. It would be nice to see some duct boots.

Don't feel bad it has taken me an hour or so to get ducts to make horizontal to vertical transitions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report