Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object jumps (moves) when selected

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gregl29
2914 Views, 6 Replies

Object jumps (moves) when selected

Every time I select an element, or anything for that matter it jumps and moves. The only way I can select something is through a window. Also the screen jumps around when I initiate a command. The attached image shows the screen in mid jump. In the image I selected an AHU and the screen jumps and the unit moves. Edited by: gregl29 on Feb 4, 2010 9:23 PM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asommer
in reply to: gregl29

One of the "cool guys" in our office has a 5 button mouse. If you accidentally hit the wrong button, it does something similar (tiles all open programs). make sure your mouse is set up right, with the right drivers. otherwise, something has gone silly in Revit, if you can imagine that. sorry I couldn't help more!
Message 3 of 7
aksaks

Someone just demonstrated this issue to me. He has a 5-button mouse, but the problem also occurs with a regular mouse. He has a dual screen setup. The jump happens for him only when Revit is on one of the screens, which I think is his second screen.
Message 4 of 7
TBOMS
in reply to: aksaks

I have the same issue. Autdodesk suggests turning off 'Press and Drag' but it didn't help for me.

I found that if I dock my QAT at the bottom, the problem stops.

Hope it helps

Message 5 of 7
tjbeecher

I had this same problem and at times I had to move the bar at the top of the screen to the bottom.  that seem to fix it

Message 6 of 7
spike14me

I have encountered and resolved this on many machines and operating systems.  If you go to the display Setting/Screen Resolution setting (right click on you desktop) Then change the alignment of screen 1 to screen 2 (you probably have them aligned on the bottom or the number 2 display below the diplay 1.  Try aligning the TOP of diplay 2 with the Top of display 1

The frustrating part is this problem began with Revit 2010 and yes it still exists in 2012... But it must be Microsoft's fault  <rant rant rant>

Good Luck killing the 'Jumping Beans'

Message 7 of 7
cadtec.stef

I had the same problem when I attached my second monitor to my laptop. At home everything went fine, there I use a HDMI cable, at the office I had to use a DVI cable. 

So using a DVI cable solved the problem for me. Hope this helps guys.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report