Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering text

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
ssteenbeke
9248 Views, 31 Replies

Numbering text

Is there was way to have spacing between the number if you are putting in numbered notes? Right now when we do it it doesn't allow spacing between lines without numbering the space too.

Ex.

Notes:

1.   8' Diffuser

2.   10" diffuser.

3.   12" diffuser

We use spaces for the notes to make it easier to read. Any help would be great.

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
AndreRosteing
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I think that actually works just fine, atleast the letters are indented, mad thanks!

Message 22 of 32

RevitNotesRedefined.jpg

WINNING, never going back to old notes again, many thanks for sharing the revit file as well as your infinite wisdom!

Message 23 of 32
Biue-

@Anonymous We have base files and project files in REVIT here. Is it possible to put the schedule system you made in the base file which is linked to the project file? Then create the schedule again in the project file which needs to pull each note information from the linked general notes in the base file. I hope that makes sense.
Message 24 of 32
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Biue-

Hello, and welcome to the discussion groups!

I haven't directly tested this to confirm, but I don't believe that it's possible to schedule these particular elements from a linked Revit file.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 25 of 32
Biue-

Okay thanks.

From what I can find it looks like the information would have to be in a parameter that can be linked to a schedule like doors, floors, walls.. etc. That would end up being too messy so I guess I'll just have to live with having two places to change the information instead of one.

Thanks!
Message 26 of 32
RobertJ6993
in reply to: ssteenbeke

Hello,

You should be able to fix this by simply hitting SHIFT-ENTER.

Message 27 of 32
AndreRosteing
in reply to: RobertJ6993

They have since changed their text editor in 2017, so it's much better now.  But thank you.  The update from 2016 to 2017 does however mess up most of the text we have, we spent weeks combing through drawing sets and our templates to fix some of these issues.

Message 28 of 32
rdiaz073

Maybe Im replying too late... and maybe what we have now is a different version than in OP, but all you have to do is hit "Shift+Enter" at the end of the numbered sentence. It will give you a space without a number

1. So

2. Your

3. Text

4. Looks

5. Like

6. This.

Message 29 of 32
aaroncanubas

Hope this is the right answer for you. See gif below.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Message 30 of 32
mauriciof

Hi,

Hit "Shift+Enter" at the end of the line to add a space between line items. See video below at about 50 seconds into the video.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/EN...

Message 31 of 32
stever66

Shift-Enter doesn't seem to do anything for me in Revit 2019.

Here is what I do and it works for Revit 2019:

1.  Just type your notes using the autonumbering. 

2.  Then adjust the width to what you want.  The long lines should wrap keeping the indent the same for all notes.

3.  Go back and add an extra return after the first note.  That gives an line numbered #2 with not text.

4.  Backspace to delete the number (you can't use the delete key, you must put the cursor after the number and backspace.)  The blank line remains, and the other number return to the correct order.

5.  Repeat for each note.

You don't have to manually add any tabs, and when you adjust the width, everything stays looking nice like it should.

With a little practice, its really quite easy.

You can also just leave extra placeholder lines as you go, and then go back and delete them.  I'll try to attach a video.

Message 32 of 32
Duke_W
in reply to: rdiaz073

In Revit 2016, anyway, Shift-Enter gives you an un-numbered blank line between correctly numbered paragraphs... BUT it only stays that way until you close the text box editor.  As soon as you close the text box, it adds numbers to all the interstitial blank lines.  If you reopen and try to delete those extra numbers, it deletes the soft return as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report