Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Import IFC

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
justolara4027
2382 Views, 10 Replies

No Import IFC

Hi all

I can't import my ifc file, created with Autocad Mep into my Revit 2016. I try to open and to link, but Revit does nothing.

I try to open IFC with Naviswork 2016, and i can see it.

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Can you test the following;

Try this first

once it is opened or linked can you go to visibility graphics and turn on everything in the model tab233432432423423.png

Then try below in case the issue is not fixed 

Make a copy of the IFC into a different location and open a new Revit template (mage sure Model visibility is on for all elements) and try open it first and see if this works.

Did you try with previous revit versions?

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 11

Hi Alaaeldin
I have tried but it does the same thing.
I try in 2015 and in the version, i try importer/exporter ifc app, and the program does the same thing...nothing...
I maked a video, what's my error??
Thanks
Message 4 of 11

The IFC you are trying to import is like 9KB as size which seems to be corrupted or incomplete.

I attached an IFC, just created 4 walls and it gave me 25KB.

Is it possible to attache the file to take a look at it.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 11

i try with your ifc, but i can't see it in revit.

Message 6 of 11

I see that is more an issue with Revit, Please try the following then;

Close revit completley and do a right click on the revit Icon and select Run as administrator

if it works then close revit and reopen it normally to see if the issue is still occuring.

Let me know which revit version you have and which SP or UR is been installed on Revit

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 7 of 11

I try and i have the same problem
My version is
Revit 2016
Build 16.0.490.0
20150714_1515(x64)
with service pack 2
Message 8 of 11

Then 

Close revit, Rename Autodesk Revit 2016 in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\

also go to windows-start and type regedit and then follow the steps in the link video below make sure you rename the 2016 folder

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/6069434e-3ed2-4a10-b182-a3d16eeb6292

Then Launch revit

If the issue still exist then can you please go to add and remove and run a repair on your Revit

Keep me posted

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 9 of 11

If nothing works, then can you send me a screenshots of you Revit options page (file Locations)

file location.png

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 10 of 11

Thanks thanks thanks!!!
I had a problema from a year ago!!!
Thanks!!
Message 11 of 11

I am glad the issue is fixed

con gusto 😉

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report