Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Hub Pipe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WashingtonG
917 Views, 3 Replies

No Hub Pipe

I am generating Cast Iron No Hub fittings using the dimensions from the ASTM standards and have a couple of bends/sweeps completed. I am showing couplings as part of the fittings (half of a coupling on each end of the fittings) and have been successful. The problem i am having is on the pipe connecting fittings - how do i get the "half coupling" generated on the ends of straight pipe?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sernspiker
in reply to: WashingtonG

I have not yet been so ambious as to try to create pipe and fitting content. But, might I suggest you try starting with Charlotte Pipe's 3D ACAD files. They are online or you can request a CD. There is no cost. I have used these files many times in AutoCAD to make sure I had the required space for fitting stacks.
Start here:
http://www.charlottepipe.com/Default.aspx?Page=AllDrawings

If REVIT had partnered with folks like Charlotte I think the content in the program would have been much better, more accurate and complete.

I would love to see some of the content you have created.
email @
sernspiker@luckett-farley.com
Message 3 of 4
madd-ox

I don't know if it will work but I would try a "half coupling" as a flange. Let me know if it works.

I would be interested in checking out your fittings. I downloaded charlotte's no hub fittings and besides not working well... They sizes are not accurate!!!!

Jasonjmattox@gmail.com
Message 4 of 4
MikeSavko6811

Found this in a Google search. I'm very unsatisfied with the fittings from Charlotte's website. Their quarter bend doesn't fully extend on one leg to the connecting pipe so it doesn't look correct at all. If you are freely sending out the fittings you've created, I'd be interested. msavko@proutboiler.com Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report