Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Hub cast iron fittings

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
MikeSavko6811
4683 Views, 20 Replies

No Hub cast iron fittings

See attached picture but does this happen to anyone else using the no-hub fittings off Charlotte's website? The fitting you see is the NH-4 quarter bend. Doesn't extend all the way to the piping on one of the legs.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Bumping this after the holidays. Everyone else have the same issue that tries to use the Charlotte fitting library?

Message 3 of 21
CoreyDaun
in reply to: MikeSavko6811

There was a thread in the past with an identical subject line to yours: "No Hub cast iron fittings". This conversation took place in August of 2011, so it's a little old, but things in the Revit world don't change much, it seems. I didn't read through it, but perhaps there is some useful info in there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 21
MikeSavko6811
in reply to: CoreyDaun

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't read through it.

Trust me, I have.

Been google searching this issue a few days now and there just isn't much of any useful info other than the manufacturer dropped the ball. I can't believe, however, that for as much as Revit MEP is being pushed that plumbing contractors are not using No Hub at all in their drawings.

Message 5 of 21

What really gets me is if you double click on one of these elbows that aren't being modeled correctly, and are now in the family editor, the bend looks perfectly normal. So why does it draw funky when placed in a project?

Message 6 of 21
CoreyDaun

It may have something to do with the lookup tables. But again, I'm not familiar with them, so I could be wrong. If you can attach one of the malfunctioning fitting families, I can take a look into it at some point soon.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 21
MikeSavko6811
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This won't let me attach the look-up table for some dumb reason. Here's the link to where I grabbed the no hub stuff from that has the look-up table and .rfa file in the zip folder.

http://www.charlottepipe.com/Downloads/ReVit/2012/Quarter-end_Cast-Iron_NH-4.zip

Message 8 of 21

I also have had problems in the past with Charlottes pipe fittings, and have not tried then since upgrading to REVIT 2013.

I just now loaded the elbow and was able to draw pipes from both POCs.  See attached.  What version are you using?

Message 9 of 21

@BRYANBRAUER1832 wrote:

I also have had problems in the past with Charlottes pipe fittings, and have not tried then since upgrading to REVIT 2013.

I just now loaded the elbow and was able to draw pipes from both POCs.  See attached.  What version are you using?

I have 2013 as well, and even did the upgrade stickied at the top of this forum. If you look at the image I attached in my original post, that's what I'm getting. Did you download the exact elbow I just posted above yours?

Message 10 of 21

Yes.  I used the elbow and lookup table from the link which you attached to your previous post.

Message 11 of 21

@BRYANBRAUER1832 wrote:

Yes.  I used the elbow and lookup table from the link which you attached to your previous post.

I just re-downloaded the zip folder I posted, put the look-up table in the correct folder and the .rfa folder in my library. I then opened a new project after closing Revit down, re-added the quarter bend to the routing preferences, and it still shows up the same as before with a "broken leg." What gives!? Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 21

Have you tried printing it?  Sometimes stuff shows up strangly on my display, maybe an issue with my video card, but plots properly.

Message 13 of 21

@BRYANBRAUER1832 wrote:

Have you tried printing it?  Sometimes stuff shows up strangly on my display, maybe an issue with my video card, but plots properly.

Haha well I'd much prefer having YOUR issue where the fitting shows up properly. Haven't tried printing.

Message 14 of 21
RKLindner

Have you tried contacting Charlotte??  There might be a bug that they can fix but havent been told there is something wrong.

http://www.charlottepipe.com/Default.aspx?Page=TechProdSupport

Try any of them and ask if they could forward to the person responsible for creating their Revit content.

Message 15 of 21
abulla
in reply to: RKLindner

This whole thread is a great lesson on why you should be cautious using manufacturer content. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 21
MikeSavko6811
in reply to: RKLindner

@RKLindner wrote:

Have you tried contacting Charlotte??  There might be a bug that they can fix but havent been told there is something wrong.

http://www.charlottepipe.com/Default.aspx?Page=TechProdSupport

Try any of them and ask if they could forward to the person responsible for creating their Revit content.

Just sent that Brian an email to see what he has to say. Has anyone else tried downloading the link I posted and seeing if their quarter bends draw like mine?

Message 17 of 21

Well Mike, I was so encouraged that my Charlotte no hub elbows displaying properly that I decided to take another fling at using no hub fittings.  When I first told ypu that the elbow displayed properly for me, it was when I inserted the elbow in my model and drew pipes from both connections.

So I configured a no hub pipe type with the no hub fittings in the routing preferences.  Low and behold!  When I constructed a 90 degree bend REVIT inserted a no hub elbow with dicontinuos display of piping at one of the connections, just as you described.

So now I am back to modeling with PVC DWV and specifying no hub cast iron.  It is indeed an imperfect world, and REVIT is less perfect than we have reason to expect. 

Message 18 of 21

Ahhhhh...fancy that. Revit is certainly behind when it comes to MEP.

Message 19 of 21

That fitting looks like a closet bend.  It might have been incorrectly labeled by Charolette's BIM team.

Message 20 of 21
svs.dme
in reply to: charleswwalker

There is no cast iron drainage fittings metric families available in all of the Revit versions.. Its seems to be very disappointed thing.. Did any one have these?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report