Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No auto-route solution was found

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Pingtrix
4923 Views, 8 Replies

No auto-route solution was found

Hi there,
I just learned Revit MEP 2008 and I am playing around with a file that my coworker sent it. I am trying to build the air supply system and there is always a message about "no auto-route solution was found". Furthermore, I can't even automatically connect the ducts. It said on the error message "The solution is failing due to either that no default fitting type is set or the default fitting is not found". I already loaded the necessary family files.
Could someone please tell me what went wrong with this?

Thank you so much
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BradMEP
in reply to: Pingtrix

This is a very frustrating issue, I have found that the issue is the elevation of the duct being added is causing the problem.

REVIT also forces an elbow to be attached to a diffuser by default which also screws up the auto route.
Message 3 of 9
jayspot

Try this. Click on "Duct" in the tool bar, select the type of duct you want to use (i.e. Rectangular Duct: Galvanized), then click on the "Properties" button. In the Element properties dialog box, click "Edit/New.." Make sure you have a Value for each Parameter. If any of the values are set to None, that could be your problem. Just make sure each parameter has the correct value.
Message 4 of 9
Pingtrix

Thank you so much.
I did figure it out.
Message 5 of 9
aschrader

Jayspot,

When I look at my types of duct available I only have miter and radius elbows. Are you saying that I should be able to choose the kind of duct. I am having issues with ducts so I am now thinking this could be the reason.

Thanks
Message 6 of 9
jayspot

When you first click on "Duct", the selection box at the top left of the screen should have different duct types listed as shown in the attached image. Once you select the duct you want to use, then click on properties and you can select the types of fittings, taps, etc.
Message 7 of 9
pedrorivera

How you got it to work? I change all the Type Parameters in the rectangular duct and it's still giving me the error, (No auto-route solution was found)?

Thanks,
Message 8 of 9
xxxselosaxxx
in reply to: jayspot

Hi,

Im also new on Revit and i encountered that message, How do i know if the parameters is correct? how to check ? please help me.

Message 9 of 9
eledezmaJ5YUH

This Worked for me:

When you have selected your duct and have clicked on the diffuser you see a preview of the duct and on the top right corner there is an option highlighted called "add vertical." Select the option next to it called "change slope". This worked in my case for the same error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report