Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to Revit but project is in full swing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ken
Enthusiast
252 Views, 3 Replies

Newbie to Revit but project is in full swing

I am new to Revit 2009 MEP and have some minor training just enough to be dangerous but my company is compelled to go full swing into a new project head first. I remember somewhere in the tutorials where I was able to setup how thick of lining is to be used and what type of fittings are to be used. Can anyone tell me where those are located again?

Ken@rlmrlm.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jlwetzel
in reply to: ken

Edit Default Fittings
- Click the duct command button
- Click the element properties button on the options bar
- Under type, select the routing preference you wish to edit
- Click Edit/New
- Edit fittings as required

Lining thickness to the best of my knowledge has to be added to each duct/fitting individually using the element properties. Highlight a duct/fitting, right-click then select element properties. Adjust the Insulation/Lining Thickness parameter.
Message 3 of 4
edk800f1

and you can't edit different categories at the same time.
You can select all the duct, add liner, then select fittings, add liner, but can't just window the entire run at one time.
Duct liner REALLY needs to be an adjustable parameter you can set as you construct the duct, preferably in a pull-down right next to duct size.
That seems like a simple-enough request.
If I really wanted to get fancy, I'd ask for the ability to tag my duct with airside dimensions (sheet metal - liner).
Ed
Message 4 of 4
ken
Enthusiast

Well guys I just found what I was thinking I saw in REVIT, it was actually in AutoCAD MEP. I knew I saw some kind of duct liner setting somewhere. But anyway we are feeling our way through the first project and I have to admit we are not liking it so much. I can only hope that in time Revit will become more use freindly and quicker running without having to have billion dollar computers.

Ken@rlmrlm.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report