Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Revit MEP, could use some help....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Revitnewbie42
380 Views, 5 Replies

New to Revit MEP, could use some help....

Hello, I'm new to Revit and could use some help.  I've created a central file from the Architects model, and have created a local file for HVAC.  I am trying to to get the reflected ceiling plan from the Architects model to show up in my local file.  Is this something I should have created in the central file, or can I do it from my local file?  Either way, can you walk me through the steps?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Revitnewbie42

Hi,

did you create a new plan using the Reflected floor plan? That is the quickest way I have found. Having said that, if your ceilings are at different heights, or you have the misfortune to have a sloped ceiling, then that is a completely different matter.

Message 3 of 6
alatier
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rick

I am currently coming up to setting up a plan that has both a steep sloping ceiling and ceilngs at 3 or 4 different heights

I was going to try and create a view for each different height area and use the highest height for the sloped and then somehow try to stick them all together on the same sheet. (I also have a mezzanine plant room thrown in amongst all this)

Is this the correct approach?

Pete

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: alatier

You might want to take a look at Plan Regions. You can use these to set indiependent vuew ranges.

Message 5 of 6

I actually was able to create a new ceiling grid.  Is this standard procedure, to create a ceiling grid in your file, or are you able to "copy" the architects ceiling grid into your file?

Message 6 of 6
abulla
in reply to: Revitnewbie42

I wouldn't duplicate ceilings, just for coordination purposes. Currently you can't copy/monitor ceilings, although I think that was a wish list item.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report