Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New duct but cant create filter for it !!

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
chunky2k
1406 Views, 11 Replies

New duct but cant create filter for it !!

Good morning all

i have little issue in my drawing, i want to create an "extra" duct, as we know we have Supply/Return/Exhaust (whch am using them all in my project)

and for me i want to create "Fresh Air"

so i did the usual thing of duplicating the supply, renaming it to Fresh Air (and made Mark : FA)

i have my own template in the drawing

so i went to "Visibility/Graphics overrides" /Filters / Edit/New

created new Duct (Mechanical - Fresh Air) in Filters , chose the same as the supply duct in duct system/accessories ETC in Categories and mark equal FA in Filter Rules

and NOTHING was there in the origianl filter Tab

so i have to go other way on the drawing i went to Identity Data/ View template

on my own template i went to "V/G Override Filters" then created the fresh air duct (same methond as i previous explaind) and it came to the table when i choose ADD

i change the line color and the drawing kept giving me the duct supply color

what shall i do to change the color

in the duct classification it still giving me the fresh air as supply (since i made a duplicate) but i cant change it !!

and before you ask, when i went to families, duct, i saw the options for the new fresh air duct, i wrote FA in the abbreviation  desc as well to make sure in the filter i use them and try

but nothing has happened, 

my question, how can i create Fresh air duct with new color ?

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chunky2k

Perhaps you can set the Filter Rules to filter according to System Name instead of System Classification.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
chunky2k
in reply to: CoreyDaun

tried that, still not working

i also tried to change the color of the supply duct (to check maybe the new fresh air was stuck on certain color) 

but no, anything related to supply air(classification) has changed to new color

Message 4 of 12
CoreyDaun

chunky2k wrote:

"i have little issue in my drawing, i want to create an "extra" duct, as we know we have Supply/Return/Exhaust (whch am using them all in my project)

and for me i want to create "Fresh Air"

so i did the usual thing of duplicating the supply, renaming it to Fresh Air (and made Mark : FA"?..."

Wait a minute, did you change the Mark Value of the Duct to "FA"? Shouldn't you be changing the "System Type" to "Fresh Air" instead? If the View Filter for "Supply" is still included in the View and at the top of the list, and the Duct in question meets the criteria of that "Supply" Filter, then Revit applies the Graphics Overrides according to the first qualifying View Filter on the list, and ignores the rest.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 12
chunky2k
in reply to: CoreyDaun

no it is set to fresh air

i think this is something revit wont allow us to do, or could be a bug or something
Message 6 of 12
chunky2k

i have found a solution

which is very simple cuase it is only about which comes first

i attached a picture to show people but here is it :

1. we create the new duct and give the rules we need then press ok

2. move it in the top of the original duct you duplicated it (i duplicated the supply, so i moved the new fresh air above the supply)

so the rule would be valid, because if the system read the supply first it will override the fresh air

check the attachement

regards

Message 7 of 12
harinarayana55

Hi

May be it is helpful to you.If it is not answer to your question. Please ignore it.

Why you are using all the properties to change the color of new duct system or current system.

Just change the system type to fresh air.No need to change classification and abbreviation.

Please check the attachment.

harinarayana

Message 8 of 12
chunky2k
in reply to: harinarayana55

well i made all the rules together before figuring it out
but once i made the FA above the supply it came correct

so i didn't care about the abbreviation after that 🙂

thanks any way dude 🙂
Message 9 of 12
harinarayana55

Yes you are right. No need to FA on top.

Message 10 of 12
bvm76
in reply to: harinarayana55

another method of changing the duct colour without using filter is right click the duct system name, click type properties and click the edit opposite to graphic overrides.
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 11 of 12
chunky2k
in reply to: bvm76

This would work if you have not created your own template view !!
Message 12 of 12
bvm76

Yes I know that is why I mentioned "WITHOUT USING FILTER" in my previous post!!!
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report