Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested objects with connectors

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
457 Views, 5 Replies

Nested objects with connectors

I am building a rooftop air handling unit consisting of nine sections, each a separate family. I am then loading all of the sections into a single family to create the air handler. However, when I load the air handler into my project, none of my connectors (supply air, return air, outside air, etc.) are showing up. If I load each section into the project separately, the connectors show up. However, for scheduling purposes, I want it to act as one piece of equipment, not nine separate pieces. Is it not possible to have nested objects with connector capability?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as I know, nesting of connectors is not supported. I'm also in need of this functionality.
Message 3 of 6
jade.l

Nest connector doesn't work. If just schedule them, you could check the Shared items in Category and Parameters before loading the nest components into the host family. Then you can schedule the equipment as well as the nine pieces in the project.

jade.l

Message 4 of 6
bejenaru.a
in reply to: jade.l

5 years latter and we still don't have nested connectors in revit familes! 😞
Andrei Bejenaru
Message 5 of 6
ben
Collaborator

Is this possible 10 years later with 2017?

Software making you mad? Slam your mouse on the desk...60% of the time, it works every time.

"Revit lives in the land of perfect and doesn't understand what construction is."

Message 6 of 6
shaji.george

Here is an example for roof top FAHU consisting nine sections using reference planes, this family have all connectors and it can generate a schedule also.

fahu.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report